WIFT looks at matching Professional members with experienced practitioners for mentoring over a six month period or as designed by the mentor. The scheme is designed to increase women's skills, knowledge, networks and confidence as they build their careers.
KEY PROGRAMME INFORMATION
- applicants must be Professional WIFT members (women with 2+ years in the industry)
- matches will be decided by a panel and no correspondence will be entered into
- proposed matches will be introduced and then, if the parties are happy to proceed, a contract directly with the mentor will be drawn up for the mentoring period.
- A mentoring stipend (if any) subject to the mentoring programme will be paid by the mentor directly to the mentee.
Mentees will need to:
- commit to working with their mentor as agreed, honouring all agreements and deadlines
- agree to privacy and confidentiality requirements
- respect the professional nature of the relationship
- In a telephonic mentoring session with your mentor the mentee will bear the cost, most likely for mentees applying from outside Mumbai
- be prepared to review the experience and outcomes with the WIFT office
2012 MENTORS REGISTER
Our mentors register includes the cream of the industry across disciplines including:
- Tanuja Chandra (Director)
- Deepa Bhatia (Editor)
- Akeev Ali (Editor)
- Aarti Bajaj (Editor)
- Anjuli Shukla (Cinematographer)
- Onir (Director)
- Zoya Akhtar (Director)
- Kiran Rao (Director)
- Paromita Vohra (Documentary Filmmaker)
Applications should include:
- a letter of application introducing yourself and clearly articulating why you want to be part of the programme, specific areas of focus for the mentorship period; and desired outcomes;
- identification of up to 2 mentors from the mentors list, in order of priority, stating why you have chosen them;
- a copy of your CV.
Keep your eyes on the noticeboard for mentorship openings & application submission dates!